To review all parish facilities, operational plans and procedures to ensure all safety norms are provided, and to integrate parish, local city, and county OES and Health plans and with the diocesan safety plan.
1. Installed first aid kits in each worship site.
2. Installed Incident Report Forms at all First Aid Kit locations.
3. Conducted Disaster First Aid Instructions to Key Parish Personnel
4. Developed Usher Manual including Accident/Disaster Operations Plan
5 Participating in the Santa Clara County & City of Palo Alto's OES Organization plans.
6. Provides opportunity Information for Parish Wide First Aid Instructions by ARC.
7. Inventories and maintains all emergency supplies and First Aid Stations.
8. Participates in the CADRE Workshop and Training for Faith Based Members.
9. Assists and coordinates working members from each parish worship site
10. Coordinates the staff training in First Aid Fire Extinguisher use.
11. Developing Parish Wide Emergency and Disaster Preparatory Master Plan in
conformance with Diocese Plan.
This is a relatively new committee that welcomes members who are interested in safety, first aid/CPR, and disaster preparedness. The committee is looking forward to scheduling first aid/CPR classes for staff and parishioners, and collaborating with the Palo Alto Area Chapter of the American Red Cross, the City of Palo Alto OES and Neighborhood Disaster Organization, and and Fire Department .
When Meet? With the Building and Equipment Maintenance Ministry
Where Meet? At the Pastoral Center
Members Jim McLaughlin (Chair), Chuck Tully, Parish Business Mgr., Alley White,
Parish Youth Ministry, and Prudence Delamater